Donnerstag, 24. Mai 2018

Terry Cavanagh’s next game is Dicey Dungeons, and it’s delicious

Dicey Dungeons

There’s a temptation to look at games with dice in them and go ‘EW! Randomness!’. I’m aware of that because it’s sometimes my instinctive reaction, even though I know better: dice can be a fantastic driver for Interesting Decisions, and Terry Cavanagh’s latest project proves it. He’s been working on Dicey Dungeons for the past 3 months, though it was only this week that he confirmed it’ll be his next commercial release. It’s a roguelike with more than a pinch of Slay the Spire to it, despite swapping out deckbuilding for… dice equipment management?

Cavanagh reckons it’s shaping up to be one of his best games, and well, he would say that – but I’ve been playing the latest free online build, and I agree with him. And I bloody loved Super Hexagon.

(more…)



from Rock, Paper, Shotgun https://ift.tt/2s8HERA
via ifttt

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen