Freitag, 25. Mai 2018

Adeptus Titanicus cross-pollinates 40K and BattleTech

adeptus-titanicus

There’s an inherent sense of All This Has Happened Before And All This Will Happen Again when you’ve spent as many years as I have writing about videogames, but I got proper head-spinning deju vu when I read about Adeptus Mechanicus: Dominus today. Didn’t I only just post about an XCOMish Warhammer 40,000 turn-based strategy game with a cod-Latin name? Turns out that was Mechanicus, not Titanticus. Obv. Though these icuses share a genre, Titanicus is ploughing more of a BattleTech furrow. Which is to say, giant bloody robo-tanks knocking seven bells out of each other.

I lost my heart to a 40K Titan when I was 13, and I never got it back – so maybe, just maybe, this can overcome my Games Workshop adaptation fatigue.
(more…)



from Rock, Paper, Shotgun https://ift.tt/2J0xFID
via ifttt

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen