Freitag, 25. Mai 2018

Dauntless invites everyone to slay some poor animals in its open beta

Dauntlessheader

Dauntless is Monster Hunter for people who fear grind”, said Edwin Evans-Thirlwell when he wrote about Dauntless last year. Hey! That describes me! After years spent smiling and nodding while people told me about how absorbing Capcom’s previous games were, I was confident I’d get sucked into the same dino-trouserfying loop with Monster Hunter: World earlier this year. I was not, and bounced off the game after a few hours spent repeatedly fighting the same beasties in battles that dragged rather than thrilled.

Perhaps I’ll have more fun in Dauntless’s free open beta, which kicked off last night. It sounds reductive to call it a cartoony, simplified Monster Hunter that nevertheless tries to match it almost note for note – but that’s definitely the vibe I’m getting from this trailer.

(more…)



from Rock, Paper, Shotgun https://ift.tt/2Luwv6z
via ifttt

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen