Montag, 26. Februar 2018

HyperX Alloy Elite review: Mechanical keyboard bliss

HyperX Alloy Elite

My newfound love of mechanical keyboards has been a little shaken of late. While I’m still not completely down with paying over £100 for a keyboard, the Asus ROG Claymore made a pretty convincing argument for burning a hole in my bank card. Then the Corsair K70 Lux RGB I reviewed went and ruined things slightly with its weird spongy Silent Cherry MX switches and for a long time part of me just wanted to go back to my regular old Roccat Isku membrane keyboard and have done with it all.

Fortunately, the HyperX Alloy Elite has restored my faith in these clacky beasts, which is surprising given my test sample came with Cherry’s (supposedly) extra loud blue MX switches rather than the slightly quieter red or brown ones you can also find it in. Even better, the non-RGB version I’ve got on test today only costs around £110 / $90, making it a heck of a lot cheaper than its rainbow-coloured rivals.
(more…)



from Rock, Paper, Shotgun http://ift.tt/2sWYS7Y
via ifttt

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen