Montag, 24. Oktober 2016

Premature Evaluation: Endless Space 2

Every Monday we jettison Brendan into the uncharted quadrants of early access and demand constant progress reports. This week, Brendan is away so Adam did the only thing he knows how to do: he spent a few hours playing a strategy game. It’s Endless Space 2 [official site].

I’ve been looking forward to Endless Space 2 since around the time I played Endless Legend and fell for it hard. Actually, I’ve been looking forward to Endless Space 2 since I played the first Endless Space and a wonderful feeling washed over me – here, in Amplitude, was an exciting new studio making strategy games that were forward-thinking and unafraid to muck around with genre conventions.

Now that Endless Space 2 is available in Early Access, I should be soaking it up, exploring every corner of what already exists and speculating about the shape of things to come. Instead, I’ve been playing another 4X game and didn’t find a spare minute to look at Amplitude’s latest until this weekend just gone. And now, I’m not planning to go back until the Early Access period is done.

… [visit site to read more]



from Rock, Paper, Shotgun http://ift.tt/2eoQSGq
via ifttt

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen