Montag, 23. Dezember 2019

Boneworks is one of the best VR games – and still kind of broken

Though everyone has their HMD cameras trained on Half-Life: Alyx as VR’s killer app, I’ve been staring creepily at Boneworks’ gif-rammed Steam page and saying “soon” over and over. Having spent a few hours working my way through its meta game-within-a-game world, I’m not quite in the position to review it as a whole. It’s exhausting and sweaty, and if I didn’t take some breaks during my six hours of playtime I’d have probably done a puke. I tried, but this is not an exhaustive review of Boneworks. It has exhausted me.

It’s an innovative, fascinating, and flawed adventure that pushes VR in all sorts of directions, but makes some baffling design decisions, and still suffers from a number of VR specific issues. It’s the first time during a review that I’ve punched a lampshade.

(more…)



from Rock, Paper, Shotgun https://ift.tt/2Q9QQRL
via ifttt

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen