Freitag, 30. September 2016

Alice And Pip: What Is (And Isn’t) A Walking Simulator?

Alice and Pip have been off wandering their way through digital worlds from Proteus to Sacramento and are now hobbling towards a shared definition of a walking simulator. Find out what conclusions they’ve reached and why their definition categorically does not include Dear Esther!

Pip: Alice, when I asked you to recommend me your favourite walking simulators so I could go on some digital expeditions what would you say were your criteria?

Alice: That… they surfaced readily in this trash heap of a memory? Which meant they struck me for some reason. I think I picked walking simulators with a spread of form and tone, all quite differently but all games where all you can do is walk around. Some fun! Some colourful! Some spooky! Some so linear they’re literally on rails.

… [visit site to read more]



from Rock, Paper, Shotgun http://ift.tt/2cRrtlm
via ifttt

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen