Dienstag, 30. November 2021

Do FPS games even need a story mode nowadays?

In the last few weeks I’ve spent a lot of time looking through scopes. Red dots and ACOGs and telescopic ones. From one FPS to the other, I put my eye up to a lens and I press triggers. Sometimes I’m a sniper dropping Nazis to protect my father, sometimes I’m a soldier surrounded by 127 other players. Lately, I’m a chunky spartan with crunchy crayon armour.

All this time with the three big FPSes of the year, each packaged in their own ways, has left me wondering what’s important nowadays. Do they need campaigns, or is multiplayer-only the way to go? How about introducing one a bit later than the other?

Read more



from Rock, Paper, Shotgun https://ift.tt/3lpm1ZB
via ifttt

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen