Montag, 29. Januar 2018

The world’s fastest Getting Over It speedrunner on handling frustration

over

I’m still fascinated by Getting Over It, though I’ve reach the point where I can only handle playing it for about 15 minutes a week. Amazingly, that’d be enough time for speedrunner Christian ‘Distortion2’ Licht to make his way all the way up the mountain 7 and a half times: last week he became the first person to beat the game in under 2 minutes.

While I won’t be performing such a feat any time soon, I did get the chance to pick Distortion’s brain about his first clamber up the mountain, how speedrunning Getting Over It compares to other games, and – most importantly – how to handle those rage inducing set-backs. Be warned that though the game has no story, we do discuss some of its twists and turns.

(more…)



from Rock, Paper, Shotgun http://ift.tt/2DUlZUZ
via ifttt

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen