Mittwoch, 22. November 2017

Wot I Think: Outcast – Second Contact

outcastreview1

Despite growing up in the ‘90s, I had never heard of Outcast. And as someone who loves open-world exploration, I don’t share that fact proudly. I’ve only ever known the shinier counterparts of last century’s genre defining titles, growing up with games like Bioshock, Fallout, and Wolfenstein, whose decades-old predecessors continue to influence modern gaming conventions. As such, I was a blank slate coming into the recently released Outcast – Second Contact, a remake of the 1999 cult classic.

What I discovered was a strange amalgam of new and old. Second Contact looks great and it’s a clear precursor to the open world games that came later, but how does it all hold together without the rose-tinted lens of nostalgia to cover its weaknesses?

(more…)



from Rock, Paper, Shotgun http://ift.tt/2ApAWx5
via ifttt

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen