Donnerstag, 25. August 2016

Inside Ubisoft’s Dedicated Driving Team

There are strange things going on with the buggy I’m driving. I’m in a field, somewhere in Ghost Recon: Wildlands’ digital Bolivia, and the vehicle is transforming while I drive it. The power, suspension, steering – everything’s changing. It’s not a bug. Next to me, the driving team at Ubisoft Reflections are fiddling with my poor ride using their vehicle editing tool, which lamentably doesn’t have a fancy name.

Reflections have been making driving games since 1995’s smashing Destruction Derby and are probably best known for the Driver series, the last of which was Driver: San Francisco, popping into existence all the way back in 2011. A dedicated driving team still exists at the studio, but now they’re using their expertise in games like Watch Dogs 2 and the latest Tom Clancy romp.

… [visit site to read more]



from Rock, Paper, Shotgun http://ift.tt/2blnRZr
via ifttt

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen