Donnerstag, 14. Dezember 2023

Doom At 30: Does 1993's Doom still hold up for a first-time player today?

Confession time, readers. Before a couple of weeks ago, I had never played the original Doom. As a child, my family didn't have much money and I didn't get my first laptop until I was 16. Thus, I missed out on a lot of what are now considered PC staples. With dread, I'm often met with the accursed exclamation, "You've not played insert game before?" followed by a good dose of judgment. But what do you do when you need to play through a backlog of games all while keeping up-to-date with new releases for work? With games now stretching out at 100+ hours apiece, where is the time for old classics like Doom?

For me, approaching Doom was cathartic. Playing a game that's older than myself was certainly an experience, but I was shocked at how well it holds up.

Read more



from Rock, Paper, Shotgun https://ift.tt/QmbRfkD
via ifttt

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen