Mittwoch, 28. August 2019

Atomicrops: hands on with the twin-stick Stardew Valley game you didn't know you wanted

I have been telling people I played this game called Atomicrops, and they go “Huh, haven’t heard of that one, what is it?” And then I go “It’s sort of… twin-stick Stardew Valley?” because so far that is the best shorthand I can come up with. Although it describes itself as an action roguelite farming simulator, which may be more helpful for you.

The framing for Atomicrops, developed by Bird Bath Games and out on early access next week, is that you’re the last farmer in a post-apocalyptic wasteland. So rather than the sedate pace of digging, watering and harvesting that my invocation of Stardew may suggest, you have to do everything very fast because there are waves of mutant bunnies and slugs threatening your crops.

(more…)



from Rock, Paper, Shotgun https://ift.tt/2ZsU9pz
via ifttt

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen