Freitag, 21. Dezember 2018

The best of Unknown Pleasures 2018

The end of the bizarre and troubling year 2018 is close, and with it comes a time of reflection. I hope you’re enjoying the RPS Advent Calendar, but even that cannot hope to contain the bounty this year provided.

When I joined Unknown Pleasures a year ago, I was a little fatigued with games. There were both too many to see and none that were grabbing me. This isn’t the critic speaking – I’d not written an article for over a year – but the player. 2016-17 were by no means bad years for the PC, but despite all the industry drama (not to mention wider sociopolitical troubles) I think this is the best year we’ve had for PC games for absolutely ages.

The games are out there. The weird, the funny, the clever, the silly, the exciting, the touching, the unambitious-but-plain-good games are positively sloshing about the place. But which ones were the best? So here it is: the pick of picks. A selection of the very best, weirdest, most original, and plain fun Unknown Pleasures of 2018.

(more…)



from Rock, Paper, Shotgun http://bit.ly/2EzUlwq
via ifttt

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen