Montag, 25. Juni 2018

What Total War: Three Kingdoms is learning from its Warhammer cousins (and Crusader Kings II)

total-war-three-kingdoms-preview-6

They’re climbing the walls. Hundreds of tiny warriors are using grappling hooks to scale the stone barriers of a Chinese settlement, as I look down on the battlefield from my perch at E3. I bite my lip and pretend to know what I’m doing. Yes, swordsmen, through the breach. Spear dudes, down the middle. Grappling hook men, up you go. Only stinky Romans use anything as primitive as a ladder to assault a city. But oh no, I’ve forgotten my heroes. Three horsemen that are now hundreds of metres away from the action. These units are what Total War: Three Kingdoms is all about. Special warriors, similar to the powerful hero units of the Total War: Warhammer spin-offs. I send them in and they slaughter dozens of soldiers, holding entire battalions at bay. But the enemy has one of these heroes too – Lü Bu. And he LOVES to kill. (more…)



from Rock, Paper, Shotgun https://ift.tt/2MoExxc
via ifttt

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen