Dienstag, 14. Februar 2023

Pick up Samsung's ludicrously capacious 8TB SSD for £413 after a 40% discount

I kind of hate mechanical hard drives these days. Yes, they're cheap per gigabyte, yes they're fairly reliable, yes they're absolutely the way to go if you need to store a lot of data and don't care how long it takes to access it. But. But. These drives are hard to go back to after you're used to SSDs, with their near-instant access times, completely silent operation, resistance to shocks, drops and magnets and of course their overall SPEED.

So when I had the chance, I bought the biggest SSD I could afford, a 4TB model at the time, and copied literally every bit of data from the four or five 1TB or smaller hard drives that I'd bought over the years and stuck into my increasingly full PC tower. It was expensive, and it took ages to copy everything across, but as soon as I turned my computer on for the first time and I didn't have to listen to the clicks and whirs of a mechanical drive, I was completely convinced I'd made the right call to ditch spinning rust.

Read more



from Rock, Paper, Shotgun https://ift.tt/5OIWCzB
via ifttt

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen