Mittwoch, 14. Dezember 2022

Warhammer 40K: Darktide review: brilliantly grisly co-op

Warhammer 40,000: Darktide is not for the squeamish. Fatshark’s spiritual follow-up to Vermintide and Vermintide 2 is ferocious, violent, and involves a whole lotta gore. It’s a grisly co-op multiplayer where instead of brawling your way through torrents of gross rat humanoids, you and your rag-tag team are now up against hordes of scabby zombies all in favour of a Imperial fascist overlord.

Several of the RPS Treehouse folk have jumped into the fray, carving their way through Darktide’s industrial world of Gothic factories and towering cathedrals. The verdict? Uninspiring progression systems and short, repetitive missions aside, Darktide still remains a bone-crunching gorefest best enjoyed with pals. Preferably ones with strong stomachs.

James: I was actually braced to bounce off this, in the same way I bounced off Vermintide 2 and its monotonously melee-focused ratman slaughter. Nope – I’m 22 hours in and not even close to abandoning interest in my greasy crew of Imperial screwups. I think it might be because Darktide strikes a finer balance of slicing and shooting? Like there’s more of a dynamism to horde fights when you’re switching between the two. It rarely feels like I’m just swing, swing, swinging, unless I have a new Power Sword I want to try out.

Read more



from Rock, Paper, Shotgun https://ift.tt/dZ4JFfG
via ifttt

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen