Dienstag, 1. Februar 2022

The Waylanders review: a classic RPG that's as endearing as it is janky

I keep trying to figure out how to describe The Waylanders’ unique blend of endearment and jank. Unfortunately I am cursed with chronic writer’s brain so all I can come up with is this: it feels like a really good first draft.

For every aspect of worldbuilding that I enjoyed, there was a bug that had to be overlooked. For every character that I found charming, there was some voiceover that was jarring. For every area that was absolutely gorgeous there was a part of the script that made me extremely grateful for having editors on all my writing. Over and over, I found these flaws didn’t stop me from enjoying the core that I could see underneath. At least, until the game (as far as I can tell) bugged so badly that I literally couldn’t continue.

Read more



from Rock, Paper, Shotgun https://ift.tt/FzanZvK4f
via ifttt

1 Kommentar:

  1. youtube.com/toys/videos/9907963895_t-r-sega-mega-drive-is-t
    youtube.com/toys/videos/9907963895_t-r-sega-mega-drive-is-t-t-1.4.jpg. youtube mp4 youtube.com/toys/videos/9907963895_t-r-sega-mega-drive-is-t.jpg. youtube.com/toys/videos/9907963895_t-r-sega-mega-drive-is-t.jpg.

    AntwortenLöschen