Dienstag, 25. August 2020

This Black Myth: Wukong art has me obsessed with a family of rats

Phwoar, Black Myth: Wukong looks a bit good eh? If you’ve not seen the gameplay trailer yet, definitely give it a watch. From the looks of things it’s an action-adventure game based on one of the great classical novels of Chinese literature, Journey to the West. You take control of Sun Wukong, a godly monkey king, and start fights with big groups of foxes with swords, and huge scary wolves, and many other folks who aren’t best pleased to see you.

You bet I’m into the combo-laden combat and the punishing Soulslike boss fights (which’ll no doubt leave me staring at the ceiling while Daniel Powter’s “Bad Day” echoes into the night). But it’s really the world and its mythology which leave me salivating. I want to know how Wukong can turn into a golden cicada. How he plucks his staff out of his ear at one point. And what beef these livid animals, or demons, or both, actually have against him. I am hungry to learn more. Starving, even. So, I had a rummage around the art director’s Artstation profile, “yang qi917”, to better immerse myself in the game’s universe. (more…)



from Rock, Paper, Shotgun https://ift.tt/34xA1Zx
via ifttt

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen