Donnerstag, 27. August 2020

Among Us has made lying murderer out of me

The funny thing about the friendship wrecking Among Us, a game where a small group of killers try to undermine and murder the crew of a spaceship, is that it’s best played with friends. The wounds cut deeper when you’re accused of sabotaging an engine by someone who knows you. The bloody betrayal by a BFF leaves you bereft and baffled. To get the most out of it, you need risk losing everything.

I have not been playing it with buds, pals, acquaintances, or even long lost relatives who Googled me. I’ve been on the public servers, where the cruel social examination and deliberate misdirection more resembles a group chat of teenage liars. It still works, it’s just a very different experience from the one that’s all over Twitch right now. And it has revealed to me how good I am at being a lying, traitorous murderer.

(more…)



from Rock, Paper, Shotgun https://ift.tt/3jeS36Y
via ifttt

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen