Donnerstag, 30. Januar 2020

Have You Played… Logical Journey Of The Zoombinis?

There are, these days, far too many games to play. Well, there were always too many games to play. But only since the advent of digital distribution, have their numbers so wildly and obviously exceeded my capacity to get through them all. If I’ve heard of a game, the odds are I can have it on my PC in as little as a couple of minutes. It’s a wonder beyond anything I could have dreamed of as a kid, but it’s also a wonder I might not have wished for. A wilderness of sweets, as Milton oh-so-subversively described Eden.

When my family first had a PC, I was 11. It wasn’t a great PC, and games were expensive, so I didn’t get new ones that often. It was, somehow, actually possible to run out of games. So I played everything I could get my hands on. Demo discs from magazines. Chip’s Challenge. Fucken Encarta. But the real bonanza, however, came during the school summer holidays, when mum (who was a teacher) would bring home a grab-bag assortment of janky educational titles for me to beast my way through over the break. Enter, then Logical Journey Of The Zoombinis.

(more…)



from Rock, Paper, Shotgun https://ift.tt/2vEaejd
via ifttt

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen