Freitag, 29. November 2019

Disco Elysium offers a dark mirror to my mid-life crisis

In the yard below, a corpse hangs from a pine tree.

It is my failure and my shame for all to see, rotting in plain sight.

Martainaise, the broken-down home of Disco Elysium’s broken-down police story, is an excoriating light shone not just upon its broken-down policeman, but also upon me, and my failure to be the person I thought I was. It is my mid-life crisis writ in grey rainfall, my dread realisation that death is coming and I’m not who I ever meant to be.

In the yard below, a corpse hangs from a pine tree. Decaying in the rain. It’s been there for days. Everyone sees it, no-one mentions it.

(more…)



from Rock, Paper, Shotgun https://ift.tt/35Jca6E
via ifttt

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen