Samstag, 29. Juli 2017

Slow stabber Immortal Planet is out now

immortal planet

I wrote about isometric action-RPG Immortal Planet [official site] two months ago when a release date was announced: based on early gameplay footage I liked what I saw, but I wasn’t sure about the combat, which looked repetitive. Well it’s just come out for real now, and the launch trailer suggests the swordplay might be more varied than I first thought.

It’s a ‘Souls-like’ (drink) game based on slow-paced melee combat. You’re not going to rush in whirling your sword around your head and hope for the best: you have to dodge and block enemy attacks and manage your rapidly-depleting stamina bar, as well as strike when enemies are tired. I like the aesthetic, and it’s from the creator of turn-based stealth hack-and-slash Ronin, which was rather good.

(more…)



from Rock, Paper, Shotgun http://ift.tt/2w8s9tc
via ifttt

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen