Mittwoch, 14. Juni 2023

Prince Of Persia: The Lost Crown's anime-inspired art was led by a new generation of animators

When I visited Ubisoft Montpellier to play Prince Of Persia: The Lost Crown the other week, the developers spoke extensively how about anime and comic books had been a big inspiration for them in creating the game's visuals. As you'll have seen from my big preview, the game itself is a 2.5D platformer that mixes 3D character models and environments with sidescrolling action and dramatic camera movements as hero Sargon doles out his suite of special attacks. But as I was playing I became curious whether the team had ever experimented with going all-in on the anime visuals to create a more illustrated look akin to their excellent Rayman games. So I put the question to art director Jean-Christophe Alessandri and game director Mounir Radi after my demo session.

Read more



from Rock, Paper, Shotgun https://ift.tt/pwEv6od
via ifttt

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen