Samstag, 27. Mai 2023

Citizen Sleeper's DLC has taught me total failure is sometimes inevitable, and that's okay

When my Sleeper escaped their ramshackle life on the fringes of Erlin's Eye at the end of last year, they left behind a lot of unfinished business. I had to stop short my efforts to help Bliss make a go of her repair bay business, and Tala was left to finish making her brand-new distillery on her own. Yatagan agent Rabiyah probably has my name on an employment blacklist, too, after I upped sticks without telling them, and the spores of mushroom algae I'd been cultivating for Riko over in Greenway were no doubt left to rot and moulder somewhere. Instead, I jacked that all in to smuggle myself, my engineering pal Lem and his tiny daughter Mina onto a ship headed for some far-flung star out in the void. The Sidereal ship wasn't going to wait. It was now or never.

Fortunately hitting an ending in Citizen Sleeper doesn't mean the end of your save. Booting it back up again for this month's RPS Game Club, I wanted to play out a different ending to my Sleeper's story. Turning my back on Lem and Mina still brought its own kind of sadness, admittedly, but I wanted to dig into the game's trio of free DLC episodes first and foremost, as that was another thing I never got time to start last year. I've only played through the first chapter, Flux, so far, but man alive, it was not an auspicious start for the refugee flotilla ship hoping to make a new life for themselves here. In fact, I don't think it could have gone any worse, such was the monumental failure of my collective dice rolls and decision making. But despite absolutely beefing it in Flux, I also came to realise an important lesson. It's okay to fail, and that failure can often make the consequences of your actions feel all the more poignant. Sure, it might not feel nice, and yes, I wish it could have gone better. But sometimes the odds really are stacked against you, and you've just got to roll with it.

Read more



from Rock, Paper, Shotgun https://ift.tt/fTjwxIS
via ifttt

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen