Donnerstag, 11. Mai 2023

The Rally Point: Foxhole is a rabbit hole of poor logistical strategies that's utterly fascinating

The worst part about strategy games is the shuffling. I give up on most 4Xs in the midgame, because shuffling more icons around is too wearying. No Total War since Medieval has truly enraptured me, because pathfinding for every army added nothing but hassle.

It's why I love the model of Imperialism, where everywhere is one turn, no shuffling away. It's also why I'm a little surprised how engrossing Foxhole is as a strategy game. As most players (including Brendy) will tell you, it's a game all about shuffling, ie. logistics. But after finally making time for it, I've realised that most of them, even some of the "logi" focused players, don't know what that actually means.

Read more



from Rock, Paper, Shotgun https://ift.tt/ybneVTU
via ifttt

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen