Montag, 25. März 2019

Overland’s long and winding road to release ends this autumn

Beautiful murderbugs vs Americana turn-based strategy vs roguelike Overland is a game I’ve blown hot and cold on. I dig the theme, I dig the permanence and agonies of a perilous journey in which you make terrible mistakes and terrible sacrifices, and oh boy do I dig the art. But I’ve grown increasingly unconvinced by its artificial inventory restrictions, said agonies so dependent on the suspension of disbelief that your characters can’t carry anything more than a stick in one hand and a bottle in the other.

Maybe I’ll have come around to that again by the time Finji’s pretty, pretty procgen road-horror opus finally gets a full release this autumn.

(more…)



from Rock, Paper, Shotgun https://ift.tt/2Orku3o
via ifttt

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen