Montag, 25. März 2019

The System Shock remaster is spooky, but far from finished

“It’s not Citadel Station as it was, but as you remember it”. So goes the pitch for Nightdive’s System Shock remake, but to me the early demo I played at GDC was neither. I’ve tiptoed my way through the mutant-infested corridors of its sequel, but the original System Shock always lay beyond an impenetrable wall of 90s design sensibilities. I need mouselook, me.

I’ve got it, thanks to Nightdive, but that means I can’t tell you whether the remaster will do justice to cherished two decade-old memories. I can tell you that I enjoyed walking around a creepy space station, even though that station still needs a tonne of work.

(more…)



from Rock, Paper, Shotgun https://ift.tt/2HF1QEK
via ifttt

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen