Dienstag, 24. April 2018

Wot I Think: BattleTech

battletech-game

I was perplexed to discover that my partner, also a home-worker, was wearing earplugs as she sat at her computer. There was, for once, none of the thunderous din of new kitchens or loft extensions being built in one of the adjacent terraced houses, and nor was my own PC’s volume set high as I threw stompy tankbots at each other in XCOM-meets-Mechwarrior turn-based strategy game/boardgame adaptation BattleTech. Stony-faced, she informed me that listening to me sporadically bellow “Oh god, it’s so boring” every few minutes is not terribly conducive to work.

I don’t like calling things boring. It’s an aggressively dismissive criticism, and often says as much about the accuser as the accused. I’m stuck on that word though. I’ve returned to BattleTech repeatedly, in different moods and with absolute determination to find the fun, but I keep winding up in the same place: bored. And then hating myself for feeling that way.

(more…)



from Rock, Paper, Shotgun https://ift.tt/2vI1Oqs
via ifttt

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen