Montag, 24. August 2015

The RPG Scrollbars: Night Never Falls On Discworld*

So, this week sees the publication of the final Discworld novel, The Shepherd’s Crown. I’m not going to talk too much about that, or the tragic death of Sir Terry Pratchett earlier this year. I doubt I’ll ever be a good enough writer to express even half of what I’d like to say about his work or passing, and I don’t think it’s my place to even try.

That being said, it only seems fitting to try and grapple back a little joy from the bastard grip of sadness – as another wise writer once said, shared pain is lessened, shared joy increased. This week then, let’s refute a little entropy by taking a visit to the Discworld MUD – a glorious living tribute that deserves to be known for its own merits too.

(* Except when the sun goes down, obviously. But only for a while, so it’s fine.)

… [visit site to read more]



from Rock, Paper, Shotgun http://ift.tt/1LvqKSO
via ifttt

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen