Montag, 27. April 2015

The RPG Scrollbars: The Game Of The Gamebook

ALERT! ALERT! FILTHY NON-PC GAME DETECTED! DEPLOY DOOMHORACE!

Oh, to be able to talk more about what I’ve been playing this week – the third part of Inkle’s conversion of Steve Jackson’s Sorcery! That’s their exclamation mark, by the way, not mine. Unfortunately, it’s not available on PC, so I can’t. I can’t say how ludicrously impressive it is, from the way it’s converted the largely linear gamebook experience to an open world format, to the narrative masochism of then doubling-down and adding time-travel on top of that. Curse thee, thou wretched yet beautiful non-PC game, available right now on iTunes and Google Play. Ahem.

It’s not however the only RPG gamebook in town. This week then, I thought I’d check out a few that are a bit closer to home. Steam, show me what you’ve got in your magic catalogue…

… [visit site to read more]



from Rock, Paper, Shotgun http://ift.tt/1HNHOkX
via ifttt

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen