Mittwoch, 24. Juni 2020

How Supergiant Games made the hack’n’slash accessible with Hades

Hades

is a roguelike dungeon crawler that sees you fight your way through ever shifting levels of the underworld, from wispy shades of the undead to foes of Greek legend, on frantic battlegrounds that can send you to your death in an instant. As a disabled player, oftentimes I don’t have access to kinds of games like Hades.

I have a connective tissue disorder that means all of my joints naturally extend beyond their normal range due to… something funky with my collagen. It’s great for party tricks – I can unhinge my jaw like a snake to fit an inhuman amount of cheese in my mouth – but I also can’t opt out of hyperextending, which means every time I move a joint without being intentional about what I’m doing, I can risk a sprain or dislocation. I both have to be careful to not over-strain my joints, and also deal with just an inordinate amount of muscle fatigue from normal activity.

This hasn’t stopped me playing video games, but it does limit how I play them. Greg Kasavin, the creative director for Supergiant Games, was kind enough to provide some insight about the design process for weapons like the Twin Fists, and the introduction of accessible design throughout Hades.

(more…)



from Rock, Paper, Shotgun https://ift.tt/3dstQqv
via ifttt

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen