Mittwoch, 30. August 2017

The games chasing EVE’s vision of a single shard MMO

dualuniverse2amb

The planet is full of aimless people. Dozens of non-descript robots silently going to and fro, with no discernable purpose or meaning. Yes, I’m at Gamescom, the annual gaming conference in Germany, but I’m not talking about the visitors on the show floor. I’m talking about the on-screen player bots of Dual Universe [official site], a sci-fi survival MMO making big promises about player numbers and control.

“This is going to be unlike anything else you’ve ever seen before,” says Jean-Christophe Baillie, founder of studio NovaQuark, “because it’s a giant sandbox shared by everyone at the same time where they can build everything they want.”

Like nothing I’ve ever seen before. That’s something I’m hearing a lot these days.
(more…)



from Rock, Paper, Shotgun http://ift.tt/2xyqb78
via ifttt

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen