Freitag, 25. September 2015

How Accurate Are Ark: Survival Evolved’s Dinosaurs?

I play Ark: Survival Evolved [official site] mostly to look at its dinosaurs. I mean, who wouldn’t? But since the very first video that came out about the game, I’ve wondered how close to modern paleontological thinking they are.

I’m interested in all this stuff because for the past few years I’ve been reading a wonderfully When the Internet Was Great-style blog called Love in the Time of Chasmosaurs, which documents representations of dinosaurs, mostly from old picture books, many of which I pored over when I was little, and critiques them according to current scientific thinking. So I asked one of its writers, Marc Vincent, about how games and popular culture depict dinosaurs, and to look at a few of Ark’s. Guess what? Ark’s dinosaurs aren’t very dinosaury.

… [visit site to read more]



from Rock, Paper, Shotgun http://ift.tt/1LSCud9
via ifttt

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen