Montag, 28. Januar 2019

Now I’ve tried raytraced Quake II, and it’s a dark delight

The other week, I got my y-fronts in a bunch about how some clever fella had added raytracing to Quake II. A 22-year-old first-person shooter had effectively beaten everyone else to the punch when it came to the new, more naturalistic form of game lighting currently only available on the most recent Nvidia cards. (You can do it a bit, sort of, in Battlefield V, but that’s it for now).

But I couldn’t play the bally thing, as I didn’t have an RTX-series graphics card. Now I do, for a bit, so I’ve been back to give 1997’s old Stroggs a 2019 paint job. Here’s a spot of compare and contrast, and quick thoughts on whether or not it was worth it.

(more…)



from Rock, Paper, Shotgun http://bit.ly/2Rm4FLn
via ifttt

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen