Freitag, 27. August 2021

Cantata is an absurd, colourful blend of Advance Wars and Dune, with production chains and tree squid

I had my first go of turn-based tactics-'em-up Cantata more than two years ago, when it was barely more than an incredibly shaky tech demo. Even back then, with a build so rudimentary I could hardly fathom how to play it, the game stood out thanks to its astonishing colour palette and its esoteric sci-fi aesthetic, which I described as "Advance Wars with an Ann Leckie glow-up". Now, with the news that Cantata has a publisher in Modern Wolf, whose portfolio already holds a few games that are up my street, I've been given a new build. And this time, it's looking a lot more polished: the demo is a whole level from the single-player campaign, complete with a script, objectives and everything.

Read more



from Rock, Paper, Shotgun https://ift.tt/3BjupiK
via ifttt

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen