Mittwoch, 24. Oktober 2018

By using Reigns: Game of Thrones to figure out Game of Thrones, I know everyone is terrible

I stopped watching Game of Thrones around the start of season three, because there were too many people and I couldn’t remember who most of them were or why anything they did might be significant (broad exceptions: the dragon lady; the incest twins and their sandwich son; Jon Sner). I don’t really think Game of Thrones translates well to being a game of games, for similar reasons, but Reigns: Game of Thrones is good, because it’s a Reigns game with Game of Thrones elements, and not the other way around.

Reigns: GoT sidesteps having to deal with canon and non-canon consequences by using the fire visions of Melisandre be a framing device for “what if this person was the ruler?” This unlocks off-piste possibilities and gives you the pick of seven favourite characters and one dude I don’t remember at all. The ultimate goal is to survive the winter. My ultimate goal is figuring out who everyone is based only on the context this game provides.
(more…)



from Rock, Paper, Shotgun https://ift.tt/2PPteR2
via ifttt

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen