Montag, 25. September 2017

State of the Art: How Isaac Cohen uses shimmering virtual cloth to explore emotions

L U N E

Over the last few months I’ve had a slow back-and-forth with Isaac Cohen – a game creator whose work caught my eye at GDC because it’s got this wonderful experimental attitude to spaces and play. He also has these gorgeous textures and iridescent effects I haven’t seen elsewhere. I wrote about my own experience of specific games Cohen made like Blarp and Warka Flarka Flim Flam, but with this I wanted to explore what he was creating from the designer’s point of view.

Our emails ended up being quite long so I’m going to pluck out pieces which were of particular interest as we chatted – we started with the shimmering fabric effect that recurs across many of the games! (more…)



from Rock, Paper, Shotgun http://ift.tt/2xBttIO
via ifttt

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen