Freitag, 19. August 2022

Thymesia has spectacular combat, but falls short of true Soulslike greatness

Where FromSoftware's offerings weave a mysterious tale, wonderful level design, and meaningful combat into a tight package, Thymesia – like so many other Soulslikes - knows it must excel at one thing to compensate for the others. I've spent some time with the game's early levels and it perfectly captures what I'd consider to be a 'classical' Soulslike: a game that's heavily focused on The Combat Bit above all else.

Does the game's combat rule? Yes, without a doubt. But will I continue playing? I'm not so sure. From what I've sampled, one strong pillar might not be enough to hold my attention for much longer.

Read more



from Rock, Paper, Shotgun https://ift.tt/KgWaytk
via ifttt

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen